Almost everyone is particular about the way he or she looks. That’s why if you happen to notice some small spider veins on your legs or face, you’re likely to be worried. The condition is common, but that doesn’t make it any less unappealing. But, before you seek the treatment for it at vein centers like heartofdixieveincenter.com, be enlightened by reading the facts below.
What are spider veins?
Spider veins are small, tiny, thin vessels that are visible on the skin surface. They are commonly found on the thighs, ankles, and calves. Most of the time, they appear blue, red, or purple. The name is because of their spider web-like appearance.
It’s not all about the looks
You may be seeking spider vein removal treatment mainly because you don’t like your looks. However, it’s worth noting that this isn’t just about appearances. Although rare, this condition can also cause itching or burning. It can also be a sign of an underlying severe condition.
What causes spider veins?
Many factors lead to the development of spider veins. These include the following:
- Heredity factors
- Being on your feet all day (teachers, nurses, or factory workers)
- Being pregnant (due to the increased pressure against the veins doubled by the extra hormones)
- Taking of birth control pills
What are the available effective treatments?
There are two types of treatments that offer excellent results
- Sclerotherapy – This is the most common treatment for the spider veins. The affected veins are injected with a chemical solution that causes the blood to clot, eventually making them collapse. The best thing about the procedure is that there is no downtime. You may require, however, more than one session for best results.
- Laser treatment – In this one, no incisions or needles are needed. Instead, a beam of light is directed into the affected area making the affected veins slowly fade and disappear. Laser treatment is more thorough with the smaller, subtle, reddish spider veins that are harder to inject. Like sclerotherapy, you may require more than a single session for the best results.
One way of getting rid of the spider veins is by getting the right specialist to administer the right treatment. However, the above guide will help you know the causes, which can help you make lifestyle changes or proceed with the best treatment option.