With relatively low costs and minimally invasive procedures, more and more people are seeking measures to whiten their teeth. Perhaps the best thing about teeth whitening methods is that they provide almost immediate results.
There are two options for this: going for an in-office teeth whitening procedure or an at-home DIY session involving drugstore products. Let us look at each of these in better detail.
Professional In-Office Teeth Whitening Treatments
If you have enough money allotted for a teeth-whitening procedure, an in-office teeth-whitening procedure in South Bend from dental offices such as Mahoney Family Dentistry may be a better choice.
Here is why:
- Professional in-office teeth whitening makes sure your teeth are prepped for the minimally invasive procedure.
- You will also be under the care of a dental expert. This means you get to have a proper consultation about the current state of your teeth.
- In addition to carrying out the procedure, your dentist will also offer much-needed advice in maintaining and extending your teeth-whitening results. These may include extra custom-fitted devices to promote teeth whitening such as whitening trays.
- In-office procedures make use of much more powerful bleaching agents to achieve better results in no time.
- With professional equipment and products used, you have a guarantee of a more holistic teeth-whitening process.
- Results last longer with professional teeth whitening procedures.
Drugstore Teeth Whitening Products
You can purchase several teeth whitening products over-the-counter, or off the shelves if you want to save up on dental costs. These include teeth whitening gels, toothpaste, bleaching kits, and strips. Let us look at some of its pros and cons.
- Drugstore teeth whitening products are easy to use and sometimes have quick results.
- You have several drugstore product options and can select one based on your comfort and teeth whitening requirements.
- The effects of these teeth whitening methods do not last as long as in-office procedures.
- The lack of professional supervision may do more harm to your teeth than good.
Although there is always an ideal teeth-whitening method for all people, the choice should be clear here. Knowing the pros and cons to each is key to making a decision.